We're looking for a well-rounded engineer that is proficient in both API design and architecting event-driven backend systems. Join our amazing team of visionaries, and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry. You will play a critical part in the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of RESTful APIs that will serve as the backbone to our portfolio of consumer financial products across desktop and mobile.
Additionally, you will be instrumental in the architecture and implementation of a robust, scalable backend system responsible for handling millions of dollars' worth of financial transactions. Our tech stack includes Java/Spring, Nodejs, ES6, relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL), MongoDB, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
What you'll do
- Work alongside our engineering team to create new features related to financing and payments
- Architect and implement event-driven backend systems that provide support for our core underwriting business
- Contribute to developing best practices for continuous integration and deployment
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
It'd be great if you check most of the boxes below but if you are a fun and passionate individual who codes for your life, we can overlook some of them ;)
- You have experience working with APIs of reasonable complexity.
- You understand Java is more than just coffee, and pretty good at using it.
- You have experience working with non-relational databases such as MongoDB.
- You like to think and solve problems.
- You will communicate to resolve conflicts and likes to build a good relationship with your team members.
- You have minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience building and developing amazing technology platforms.
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Sample test - To be discussed in the technical round
- Take-home assignment - To be discussed in the technical round
- Interview - On-Site Technical Test & Interview by the Hiring Manager
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.