AMI Expeditionary Healthcare is a novel healthcare support organization.
Since our inception, we have delivered over 5,000 medical personnel and countless healthcare solutions to over 70 clinical and hospital settings on four continents.
AMI is hiring Reproductive General Practitioners to support United Nations mission in Somalia.
About 35 - 42% of UN personnel in Somalia are females at different age groups. UNSOS is seeking the services of a Reproductive General Practitioner with relevant qualifications, extensive knowledge and experience in female reproductive health. The Practitioner will be based at the Clinic in Mogadishu. Expected to provide primary care and reproductive health services during work hours as well as outside work hours in case of emergencies. The working hours at the clinic are from 08:30 to 17:00 hours (Sunday to Friday).
- Cares for and manages all female-related ailments and physiologic conditions.
- Performs initial assessment of patients and actively participates in all aspects of the care of female patients, including history taking, physical examinations, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic planning; writing orders to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explains procedures and discuss test results or prescribed medications to patients.
- Admits and manages female patients and evaluates treatments as necessary.
- Provides advice (on request) on contraception and reproductive health to female clients at the clinic.
- In bleeding emergencies, performs dilation and curettage and other gynecological procedures as the situation dictates.
- Performs and interprets basic diagnostic imaging (ultrasound and x-ray) tests for patient with OB-GYN related issues.
- Refers patients to Gynecologists and other specialized practitioners when necessary.
- Manages with compassion, cases of rape, sexual abuse/exploitation by providing medical care for the victims while ensuring proper collection and preservation of evidence/samples for tests and investigations.
- Provides adequate guidance and support to survivors of rape and sexual violence according to the UN guidelines.
- Provides advise on the use of PEP kits to victims of rape/sexual violence.
- Provides advise on the use of vaccines that promotes female reproductive health such as vaccines against human papilloma virus (HPV).
- Provides primary healthcare services to all mission personnel (males and females) and other entitled clients upon request.
- Provides regular training to mission female staff on reproductive health issues and safe sexual behaviors including prevention of sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis B.
- Mentors and assists the medical team in the management of female reproductive health cases.
- Provides 24/7 emergency services.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the CMO or designate.
1. Ability to establish effective doctor - patient relationship with clients
2. In-depth knowledge of tropical medicine and female reproductive health
3. Ability to show flexibility on work schedule to meet client needs
4. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all doctor-patient interactions
- A fully qualified medical doctor (MB.BS, MBChB or MD) from a recognized university
- Must have completed a diploma certificate program in female reproductive health
- Must have at least 10 years of continuous clinical experience in general medical practice
- Must show verifiable evidence of progressive experience in providing female reproductive health services as a practicing GP
- Must have acute trauma care and life support (ATLS) certification with validity covering the deployment period
- Candidate must be currently registered by a national medical board or council to practice medicine in her own country or another UN member state
- License validity should cover deployment duration
- PHTLS, ACTLS and AMLS or equivalent certifications are desirable
- Relevant experience in occupational, tropical and travel medicine is desirable
- Fluency in English
- Valid practice license, passport, registration certificates
- Start Date: Immediately
- Location: Somalia
- Apply for this position: or send your resume with required documents to careers email and write in subject: Somalia_Reproductive GP
AMI Expeditionary Healthcare