We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The SRE Chapter lead is responsible for transforming the engineering Chapter and embedding the scrum practices for full Agile adoption. The individual is expected to provide guidance to individuals in the Chapter to build the appropriate skills and capabilities needed for successful the job deliveries and adoption of agile principles.
- Create a high performing engineering team across production and development organisation and inculcating team with DNA on proactive mindset and software engineering.
- Deliver innovation to improve stability, reliability and automation which directly benefiting the Business and enrich client experience.
- Strictly adhere and comply with production service process as laid out by the Transaction Banking Risk Governance
- Plays role of mentor. Develop Chapter members to acquire new skills and capabilities needed for efficient and effective work resolution as part of SRE transformation journey
- Co-manage production risk issues, working closely with the Product Owners and recognising the overall production risks and identifying mitigation action plans
- Drive Chapter members to certify under the career pathway. Maintain momentum across the team to keep production initiatives and deliverables on track.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead SRE to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Trade Country and GBS Operations
- This is role is key in view of the focused initiatives and inflight of Trade strategic programs engagement and alignment with CCIB T&I White Panda programme with a focus on,
- Stability initiates
- Service improvements
- People mentoring
- Driving SRE certifications
- Early project engagement (Trade Express)
- Setting up career path for SRE team.
- Set up interaction and knowledge sharing processes among Chapter employees in different product pillars.
- Participate in solving complex process challenges that require the highest competency level as an expert with consultation with the subject matter expertise in the organization.
- Set targets for development and growth and complete final assessment of Chapter employees in professional development
- Prepare to have constructive discussion with Chapter members in consultation with Product Owners.
- Resolve organizational issues of keeping the Chapter members at work and meeting production demands.
15 - 17 years of overall IT experience in Development/Production Support/Dev Ops/SRE, including at least 4 – 5 years of experience in 1 or more of the following.
- Micro Service development and deployment hands on
- DevOps tool stack such as Jenkins, Ansible, BitBucket, GIT, Maven, Docker, Rundeck and Terraform
- GUI tech stack covering AngularJS and NodeJS
- Webservices covering Rest-API, Json and Kong
- Containers covering Docker, Kubernetes, Redhat OpenShift,
- Database covering Oracle PLSQL, Basic Oracle DBA, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL
- Cloud tech stack covering Amazon webservices and Azure
- Test automation tools/frameworks such as Cucumber, Selenium
- Log aggregation/analytics tools such as ELK, Splunk
- Distributed services coordination/synchronisation tools such as Zookeeper, Yarn
- Microservices management tools such as Kong, Istio, Jersey
- Messaging/Streaming tools like Kafka, Active MQ
- Enterprise search platforms like ElasticSearch
- Programming/Scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Powershell, Java / J2EE
- Batch management / Scheduling tools such as Control M, Autosys
- Basics of Unix/Linux, Windows administration
- Exposure to BigData/AI/ML/RPA platforms such as Hadoop, Squirro, TensorFlow, Automation Anywhere and Data Science.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.