Are you a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people using leading-edge cloud native technologies? Do you want to work with best in class development practices and tools such as Kubernetes, Kanban and CI/CD? Do you want to help us deliver our solutions using a microservices architecture, reactive design patterns and big data technologies ? Would you like to be part of a DevOps delivery process enabling faster to market, customer-centric solutions for our global customers? Yes? Then look no further!
The Product Development team is in an exciting phase of developing new products to deliver state of the art cloud native solutions, which will support our customer’s (70% of Tier 1 & 2 global telecom operators) successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity. We are a team of highly-skilled, driven technologists with a track record of delivering innovative and strategic solutions to enable our customer’s success. We regularly engage with high-profile customer-facing roles and internal stakeholders across the entire business in Openet.
What is the expertise needed for this opportunity?
The ideal person for our team will be an experienced developer committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people. You will have a relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree and have a curiosity to learn more. You will have proven capability with reactive design pattern (including asynchronous programming frameworks) and multi-threaded Java knowledge, as well as the ability to troubleshoot complex parallel flows and performance tune complex multi-threaded Java solutions. Expertise of writing unit, integration, systems and performance tests is a must! You will demonstrate knowledge of design patterns associated with a microservices architecture.
We would love it if: -
- You had specific experience with OSGi, REST, Vert.x, Spring Boot and RxJava, Kafka, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams
- You were familiar with cloud native environment and building DevOps pipelines – incorporating Kubernetes and the multitude of deployment pipeline tooling that supports it (Jenkins, Spinnaker, Helm, Harbor, Nexus Sonatype etc,)
- You have knowledge of security protocols TLS, IPSec, OIDC, Oauth2 –
- You have aptitude for performance benchamarking analysis, tuning and experience with profiling tools, such as Perf and Flight Recorder.
- Had knowledge of persistence models such as RDBMS and NoSQL and technologies such as MongoDB, VoltDB, CouchDB, Elasticsearch, Rocks DB, Cassandra.
- Ability to design and implement a complex module with minimal supervision
- A Proven record in complex architecture, design and development
- Demonstrable knowledge of design patterns associated with a microservices architecture.
- Willing to assist other parts of the business as required (product management, sales, and services) with customer facing meetings related to new products and technology changes.
- Ability to quickly integrate open source libraries to our solutions.
You will join a team that is delivering edge technologies to build microservices for 5G core networks These solutions are delivered with a high level of focus on CI/CD, containerization technologies and a DevOps mindset. We are keen to bring into the team an experienced engineer/developer who has a desire to solve complex problems, enjoys working in a team and is eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings. Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is core for this person to have a ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork.
Softskills you bring to the team
- Above all else, you will have excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills and the ability to run multiple tasks at a given time
- You have a clear ability to set development priorities and are comfortable making decisions on how best to deliver these
- An ability to influence key stakeholders and get buy in on technical decisions
- Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge
- Collaborate effectively in a team and open to exploring all technical design options
- Ability to provide technical guidance to your team
- A burning desire to ‘be your best’ and work in an environment where you can really have an impact