Recruiter: Deepika Zingade
Hiring Manager: Patrice Nigon
About the Role
To write and grow profitable Engineering (Re)insurance business in accordance with the local marketing objectives, strategies, plans, applicable guidelines and best practice.
- Profitably develop the Malaysia Engineering & Construction portfolio, meeting the financial goals, maintain and expand Swiss Re Corporate Solutions' profile in the market.
- Provide high quality underwriting services and risk solutions for our clients (cedents & brokers)
- Perform high quality facultative Engineering underwriting (risk assessment, appropriate setting of terms & conditions, specifying risk management procedures and pricing),
- Follow up on post underwriting activities such as, monitoring of on site risk management and claims support.
- Perform marketing activities in line with the local strategy, including seminars and presentations.
- Strengthen client relationships and identify new sources of business
- Support other lines of business
- Participate in the underwriting skills development program and play an active role in the Engineering & Construction community in terms of knowledge sharing and product development
- Develop and maintain Engineering & Construction product, underwriting and technical expertise at a level recognized by the market as being an important player.
- Support the administrative staff and ensure that all business is documented accurately according to guidelines.
- Keep all administration systems updated, according to the guidelines and achieve a high standard of data quality.
- Engineering or Technical Education (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical) complemented by a commercial or managerial training.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with people on all hierarchical levels
- Ability to develop relationships with brokers and clients
- Analytical with common sense approach to problem solving
- Results oriented
- Team player but able to work independently
- Malaysian language with excellent command of English. Mandarin or Vietnamese would be of advantage.
- Experience in Engineering underwriting (re- or direct insurance) and/or
- Experience in a commercial role
Reference Code: 95125